With all of the snow and freezing temperatures we experienced during this brutal winter, we never thought Spring would arrive….but here it is! It is almost time to turn on your air conditioner for the first time this year, and we want to help you make sure yours is in top working condition. Call Tiger today to schedule your air conditioner clean and check!
What goes into an air conditioner tune up?
When you schedule a tune up, also called a clean and check, with Tiger, we’ll send one of our technicians to your home to get your unit ready for the warmer weather. During the clean and check, we will inspect your entire cooling system and make note of any problems that are affecting its safety, efficiency or performance.
Along with an inspection, we’ll perform all of the necessary maintenance tasks (such as a thorough system cleaning) required to bring your system up to its peak performance.
What are the benefits of getting an annual tune up during springtime?
- Reduces the risk of breakdowns this Summer. There’s no good time for your air conditioner to break down, but you’ll probably agree that it can’t happen at a worse time than in the sweltering middle of Summer. By getting a tune up during spring, you’ll have plenty of time to fix any problems with your air conditioner that might have led to a breakdown a few months down the line.
- Cuts down on your energy bills. A tune up will bring your air conditioner up to its peak operating efficiency, which will cut down on its operating costs. The earlier in the year that you get your tune up, the longer you’ll be able to take advantage of this benefit.
- Takes care of small problems before they become big problems. Small problems with your HVAC system rarely stay small for long. Instead, the typically get worse the longer they are ignored. Spring is a great time to take care of problems with your air conditioner because you’re not yet using it every day and you can catch small problems before they develop into expensive repairs in the months to come.
- Extends the life of your air conditioner. You wouldn’t go years without changing the oil in your car, so why would you skip out on annual maintenance for your air conditioner? By getting an annual tune up, you can keep your air conditioner healthy and greatly extend its operating life.
If you have any questions about an air conditioner clean and check, call Tiger today! We hope to see you soon!
Earth Day may have been yesterday, but better late than never to share some energy saving tips, right? Heating and cooling your home uses more energy and drains more energy dollars than any other system in your home. Below are just a few of the many,many tips out there to help out the environment, while saving yourself some money too!
1. Change the filters in your current HVAC system. A new air filter can increase the efficiency of your HVAC system by giving it proper airflow. There are several types of permanent air filters available in various efficiencies that can help you filter the air in your home. If you suffer from allergies, asthma, hay fever or other breathing difficulties, there is an air filter that can help you. We can even provide you with the same type of air filter used in hospital operating rooms.
2. Install a digital setback thermostat. A digital setback thermostat is designed for people with fixed schedules that take them in and out of the home. With it, you can program the temperature to ‘set-back’ when you are not at home. This feature keeps you comfortable when you’re home and saves you money when you’re not by reducing the energy needs to heat and cool your home. We can help you select the prefect thermostat for your home.
3. Save on water-heating bills. Some ways to save on these bills require greater financial investments than others. You may wish to consider the no- or low-cost options before making large purchases. Also allow for circumstances that may be unique to your household when deciding on the appropriate options (e.g., a small-capacity washing machine could meet the needs of a one-person household efficiently).
Although it is not feasible to eliminate water heating in your home, it is possible to substantially reduce water-heating costs without sacrificing comfort and convenience. The tips in this publication can help decrease your costs for heating water.
4. Add additional air returns to your current system. Lack of return air is a very common problem for those systems that were either poorly designed or originally planned for heat only applications. Adding additional returns to your system allows for greater supply air into your home, resulting in better airflow and comfort for your family. The benefits you will receive by taking care of this problem include: quieter operation, better airflow, fewer repairs, longer life of your equipment, lower utility bills and, best of all, greater comfort.
Call us today to learn how we can help you save energy… and money!
Have you ever noticed our pink tiger-striped truck or van around town? These two vehicles aren’t just fun to see driving down the road, they are also raising money for cancer awareness in our area!
Jeff Gamblin, the owner of Tiger Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical Services says he wanted to do something to help out our community. So, a portion of the proceeds of each service call that we go to in one of these vehicles is donated to the American Cancer Society. To date, we have donated over $16,000 to the organization!
The eye-catching vehicles are a big hit at local community events as well and will be on display at several Relay For Life events this summer. These two pink vehicles join a fleet of more than 45 tiger striped vehicles in the area. These trucks support more than 12,000 service calls each year.
We know that almost everyone knows somebody that has been affected by cancer, and we wanted to do our part to help bring awareness to this disease.
To request one of the pink vehicles to come out to your home for service, call 1-866-TIGER70 or visit TrustTiger.com today.
If you have any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical needs, simply call us at:
or feel free to check us out online at
Sump pumps are used to help prevent basement flooding, and with all of the rain that our area has been getting in the past week, you’ll want to make sure that yours is working properly!! The protection they offer is especially important in finished basements containing recreation rooms, offices and bedrooms. As the water table rises and falls through the seasons, the pump collects excess water and moves it away from your home’s foundation. A variety of pumps and sizes are available, including water powered and battery powered back up models for use in areas prone to power outages. Tiger is happy to evaluate your needs and help you select the correct sump pump for your home.
Many of us take for granted that we have a sump pump and that it works effectively. Some of us don’t even know what a sump pump looks like, but when a water problem arises in our home, we soon realize their importance. Although sump pumps have a lifespan of 5 to 7 years, they may fail unexpectedly for various reasons. If you are having trouble with yours, call us right away at 866-TIGER70.
How do you know if you need a backup sump pump? Well, if your basement floods during the winter months and you live in an area where floods and thunderstorms usually knock out the power, then you may want to look into buying a backup sump pump that can work on its own power. A sump pump that runs on its power is considered to be a support pump. That is to say, it is used together with your primary pump. Should your primary pump fail, this back up sump pump will start.
Tiger offers a variety of types, brands and accessories for sump pumps. Call us today or visit TrustTiger.com to learn more!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanvirus/3051786557/”>AMERICANVIRUS</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>
Spring weather is finally here and the warmer temperatures are a welcome change from the freezing temperatures that we’ve had for the past few months. As wonderful as the warmer weather will be, the pollen, dust mites and other pollutants that will accompany are not so welcome. Here are just a few tips that can help you minimize your Springtime allergies.
1. Control your immediate environment.
If you know which trees or pollen affect you, you can try to remove them and replant more tolerable types. But remember that airborne pollens can travel hundreds of miles from where they originated. Mowing the lawn stirs up pollens, so if you can hire someone else to do so. Also, avoid sitting outdoors around freshly cut grass.
2. Close up the house.
As tempting as it can be to open up your windows and let in the fresh Spring air, try not to. Open windows let in pollen.
3. Adjust your indoor humidity level.
If spores from mold cause your allergies to bother you, aim for a humidity level of less than 50%. Consider buying a digital thermometer with a humidity gauge, available for about $40 or less. You may need a dehumidifier to get a level lower than 50%. Set up the dehumidifier on the main living level of the house, if your house has more than one story.* Tiger can provide you with the best choice for your home.
4. Upgrade your air filter.
Most heating and cooling systems still use a basic air filter. These filters were originally designed to protect the equipment and not the people served by the equipment. The average air filter is only capable of removing 3–5% of the particles that pass through it. Today, however, there are several types of permanent air filters available in various efficiencies that can help you filter the air in your home. If you suffer from allergies, asthma, hay fever or other breathing difficulties, there is an air filter that can help you. We can even provide you with the same type of air filter used in hospital operating rooms.
5. Have Your Air Conditioning System Checked and Cleaned.
Our 14-point “Super Tune-Up” is a complete cleaning of your air conditioner, not just an inspection, like you might get at another company. Call Tiger Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Services today for more information on our Air Conditioning Clean and Check – your allergies will thank you!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpshead/5697539628/”>gpshead</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>