Large Dehumidifier Safety Recall: A product recall has been issued for some 5.6 million dehumidifiers. This recall was issued by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) for the overseas manufacturers of Gree and Midea. These manufacturers make and distribute many popular brands sold here in the U.S. Unfortunately, several of these brands and products have been found to pose safety risks and have been recalled to protect consumers.
Several hundred dehumidifiers manufactured by Gree have caused around $19 million in damage and have been reported to cause fires. Some units created by Midea have reportedly caused somewhere around $4.8 million in property damage (CPSC).
What To-Do About This Dehumidifier Recall?
If you purchased a dehumidifier between January of 2005 and through today, we highly suggest that you follow these steps.
-First, you will need to find the model number on your dehumidifier. (Check the back, sides and front of the unit for a name plate sticker).
-After you have located the model number, you will need to visit the manufacturer’s website to see if your model has been recalled.
- Gree Brands: http://greedehumidifierrecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx
- Midea: https://us.midea.com/us/Product-Recall-Information.html
- Midea-GE & Professional Series Brands: http://recallverification.com/
– If you discover that your dehumidifier has been recalled, you will need to unplug it immediately.
-You will then want to call the manufacturer’s hotline for further instructions.
- Gree: 1-866-853-2802
- Midea: 1-800-600-3055
We will happily send one of our Technical Experts to your home, to check and see if your dehumidifier is on the recall list. Then they can walk you through each step of the process. Just call (886)844-3770 and we will send someone to your home when it is convenient for you!
Tiger Signature Series Dehumidifiers
-If you are looking for a safer dehumidifier for your home, we have the perfect solution for you. Investing in a Tiger Signature Series Dehumidifier is one of the best ways to protect your basement and keep it dry.
Our dehumidifiers are:
- Extremely durable and are designed to spend a great deal of time working in a damp basement.
- Designed to help protect your basement from mold and mildew growth and remove unpleasant odors.
- Created with the utmost convenience in mind. They can be hooked up to a drain, eliminating the need for you to constantly empty water from the unit.
- Accompanied with a 5-year warranty on parts.
- Made to save you time and money!
- Both designed and assembled right here in the United States of America.
Our dehumidifiers are also more energy efficient and designed to last quite a bit longer than most other popular brands. Dehumidifiers typically work by frequently cycling on and off in an attempt to keep up with a damp basement. All of this powering on and off can cause wear and tear on a unit’s compressor. The Tiger Signature Series Dehumidifier is designed to handle the extreme workload.
This extra durability means that you will need to replace and/or repair a Tiger Signature Series Dehumidifier less often than most other dehumidifiers. Most other brands need to be replaced 3-4 times compared to the life expectancy of just one of our dehumidifiers.
Plus, the more energy efficient design of our dehumidifier can save you as much as $189 on your annual electric bill.
Call Us At (886)844-3770 Today
To Schedule Your Free Consultation!
Brands Affected By The Recall:
- Danby or Premiere
- De’Longhi or SuperClima
- Arctic King
- Comfort Star
- Continental Electric
- Danby or Danby & Designer
- Forest Air
- Ideal Air
- Ocean Breeze
- Perfect Aire
- Perfect Home
- Polar Wind
- Professional Series
- Royal Sovereign
- Touch Point