Allergy season is upon us! If you suffer from allergies, you know that spring can be a rough time of year for you. Taking a deep breath can be a real challenge with all of that fresh pollen, the extra animal dander from your pets losing their winter coats, the large amount of pesticides being sprayed outdoors and don’t forget about the dust mites, fungi, mold spores, etc. invading your home.
But spring allergy season does not have to be so miserable! There are several steps you can take to drastically improve your indoor air quality and your quality of living in general.
1. First and foremost have your ducts cleaned and sanitized! Dirt, dust, mold, bugs, mites, even rodents and other allergens are all living in your duct system. We can get rid of it all with our Total Source Removal cleaning process. Tiger’s process starts with our patented Toro-Vac industrial vacuum being directly connected to your ducts. It works to draw all debris towards our powerful vacuum and out of your duct work. Simultaneously, Tiger administers our spinning powered airbrush that works to knock stubborn dust and dirt from duct walls and pushes it towards the Toro-Vac vacuum. After each vent has been cleaned thoroughly and all dust has been collected Tiger then administers a patented sanitizing solution which works to kill mold and microscopic bacteria and leaves behind a fresh scent.
Tiger’s process is the most thorough duct cleaning process in the market today. Not only will it leave your ductwork sparkling but it will help with your family’s health and protect your heating and air conditioning equipment helping to prolong its overall life expectancy. With a thorough duct cleaning and sanitizing, allergy season will be no match for you.
2. Get your spring cleaning on. Dusting, vacuuming, and mopping weekly is a great way to rid yourself of dust mites and animal dander that is accumulating in your home and getting into your air.
3. Change/upgrade your air filter. Most heating and cooling systems still use a basic air filter. These filters were originally designed to protect the equipment and not the people served by the equipment. The average air filter is only capable of removing 3–5% of the particles that pass through it. Today, however, there are several types of permanent air filters available in various efficiencies that can help you filter the air in your home. If you suffer from allergies, asthma, hay fever or other breathing difficulties, there is an air filter that can help you. We can even provide you with the same type of air filter used in hospital operating rooms.
4. During allergy season, laundry is your friend. Washing your bedding and other linens at least once a week will go a long way to improving your indoor air quality. Dust, animal dander and other allergens like to collect on fabric and you breathe these in at night.
P.S. Don’t forget to wash your pillows once in a while, to remove built up allergens.
5. Keep a dry basement. Basements, especially unfinished basements, like to attract and retain moisture. This moisture leads to mold, mildew and odors; a good dehumidifier can go a long way this allergy season.
6. Use the power Ultraviolet light Technology. Tiger has found that the most successful way to handle system mold is through Ultraviolet (U.V.) germicidal lights. Ultraviolet light has been used to kill microorganisms in hospitals, barber shops, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, and at the nation’s Center for Disease Control. Residential ultraviolet units have been independently tested and proved to be effective in the constantly moving air environments of heating and cooling systems, killing mold and bacteria quickly and effectively. The UVC energy attacks the organism’s DNA and either destroys it immediately or prevents it from reproducing. For most people, the original motivation for installing the lights is to put a stop to indoor air quality complaints and/or allergies. However, they are also pleased to learn that many hidden odors are also eliminated with U.V. technology. Tiger can easily install these lights in your home and you can begin enjoying the health benefits that come with them.
Good Luck This Allergy Season!
If you have any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical needs, simply call us at: