Fall has finally arrived and as the cooler temperatures begin to roll in it is important to keep the following electrical safety tips in mind to help protect your home and family.
Electrical Safety Tips for the Fall
- Be sure to only use weatherproof electrical devices and lights outdoors.
- Clear away all debris and leaves from outdoor power cords and outlets.
- Test all smoke and CO detectors and change batteries as needed.
- Replace all damaged or frayed electrical cords inside and outside of your home.
- If you use electric blankets, make sure they are working properly and the power cords are not damaged or frayed.
- Replace loose plugs to prevent overheating or electrical fires.
- Have your circuit breakers inspected if you are having to reset them constantly.
- With the holidays coming up, remember not to overload your outlets with too many plug ins.
- Be careful where you place extension cords and remember to never run cords underneath rugs or furniture.
- Remember to have one of our Electricians perform an electrical tuneup and safety inspection to ensure all of your electrical components are functioning properly.
Follow these electrical safety tips this fall and have a safe and fun season!